Saturday, May 26, 2007

Gone Too Long

Knowing, seeing what isn't there
This longing I have I cannot bear.
Shattered, pumping, beating fast
Heart pulled through shards of glass
Try to pick the pieces up
I place them in a plastic cup.
A million pieces soaked in blood
Wasted flowers' shriveled bud
Rising stench dying cavity
Look within find hearts depravity
Seeking what has never changed
Baste the bitter love estranged
Sitting, waiting, eternity
Death wrapped in futility
Staring, meaningless and beyond
Cannot accept that you are gone
If happiness could not suffice
Then solitude would pay my price
Falling farther away from you
Descending fast as you fall too
Silent I call your name
Blinded eyes to hide my shame
Hold this all inside my mind
Now emptiness is all you'll find
Hold this all inside my head
The emptiness is all but dead

No comments: